Today is St. Patrick’s Day, are you wearing green? More importantly, are you EATING green today?! March is National Nutrition Month®! The American Diabetic Association’s Eat Right™ campaign focuses on “Eat Right with Color”. What’s the BEST color to have on your plate? GREEN!
As a kid, and even as an adult, I was always afraid to try brussels sprouts, but once I did, I fell in love! They are really SO GOOD! We roasted the brussels sprouts, paired them with brown rice, and had a fruit and yogurt parfait for dessert. I definitely ate my colors! 🙂
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.