This gluten free, vegan meal is super filling, high in protein and delicious!
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- ⅓ cup low sodium gluten free soy sauce or tamari or liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch whisked together with 1 teaspoon of water
- In a saucepan over medium-hight heat, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce except the teaspoon of arrowroot mixed with a teaspoon of water.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then whisk in the arrowroot-water slurry.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens.
Chickpeas & Broccoli
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice (or any kind of rice or riced cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch scallions, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- Sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the scallions and cook until soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and let cook for a 1 minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons water to the pan, cover, and let broccoli steam until tender, 2 to 3 minutes (may be slightly longer depending on the size of your florets.)
- Remove the lid, stir in chickpeas and cook until chickpeas are warm.
- Add 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce and cook for 1 minute more.
Serve on a bed of rice.